SRI LANKA COUNCIL FOR AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH POLICY
STATE MINISTRY OF PADDY and GRAINS, ORGANIC FOOD, VEGETABLES, FRUITS, CHILIES, ONION and POTATO CULTIVATION PROMOTION, SEED PRODUCTION and ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AGRICULTURE
An award scheme for outstanding achievements in agricultural research has been initiated by the Sri Lanka Council for Agricultural Research Policy (SLCARP). The objectives of the scheme are to encourage and motivate agricultural scientists to achieve excellence in research, assist improve their career prospects and bestow recognition on outstanding contributions made towards advancement of national agricultural development. Such contributions will be judged on the basis of the originality, scientific merit, output, outcome and impact of research on agricultural development in Sri Lanka.
Awards will be offered in the following three (03) major sectors.
- Plantation including Forestry and Export Agricultural Crops
- Non-plantation including Floriculture
- Livestock and Fisheries & Aquatic Resources
Three awards will be given under each sector as follows:-
- 1st Prize : Rs. 300,000/=
- 2nd Prize : Rs. 250,000/=
- 3rd Prize : Rs. 200,000/=
- Individual or group of scientists employed in public and private sector institutions, universities and NGOs are eligible to apply.
- Research completed during the period of 2018 to 2019 will be considered.
- Research undertaken in Sri Lanka by Sri Lankan citizens or by local institutions will be considered (for instance where there is foreign collaboration, major part of the work should have been conducted by Sri Lankan scientist/s).
Application forms and further details can be obtained from the SLCARP web site (www.slcarp.lk) or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications prepared as per the prescribed format should be submitted under registered cover to reach The Chairman, Sri Lanka Council for Agricultural Research Policy, 114/9, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 07, on or before: 24th May 2021